Main Content

Old Town Triangle

    Old Town Triangle

    The Old Town Triangle was originally a community of German immigrants who lived near St Michael’s Church, but all homes were destroyed in the Chicago Fire. Immediately, they rebuilt their worker cottage homes PRIOR to the ordinance that prohibited wood construction. This was one of the first revitalization and preservation neighborhoods, championed by the Old Town Triangle Association, formed in 1948, to maintain the integrity of the community.

    The neighborhood is bounded by North Avenue (1600N) to Clark Street (east) and Ogden Ave (since removed). Today there are still some workers cottages, as well as turn of the century homes.

    Every second weekend in June, the famous Old Town Art Fair is held in the district, with over 200 artists selling their wares. An estimated 30,000 attend each year, enjoying a garden walk, live music, a food court, Childrens’ Corner, and more. The famous Second City is still found in the Old Town neighborhood.

    Residents love the neighborhood’s location – between the Gold Coast and Lincoln Park communities, with easy transportation and access to the Lake Michigan lakefront bike and hiking trails, it’s next to the Green City Market in the summer plus Wells Street restaurants and shopping. LaSalle Language Academy, Newberry Math and Science, and Franklin Arts School are popular nearby CPS magnet schools, and the British School is a short walk away.

    Back to HIstoric Homes

    Get in Touch

    Get in Touch

    Keep up to date on the latest market trends and opportunities.

      Submit
      Video
      Skip to content